Tuesday, June 16

High School Graduation

 
SO... High School is over. Finally. Is is kinda weird to think that I am never going to go back to Las Vegas High School as a student. I would say that it is bitter-sweet, but right now it just seems pretty sweet. Haha! I am excited to get a start on my future. Gradutaion went awesome! I am suprised that it is actually over. It is kinda odd how you wait 12 whole years of school only to be done and recognized with hundreds of other people for an hour and a half. It seems almost anti-climatic. (But then again, who wants to go to a ceremony any longer than that!)
 I don't even know if I can say as of right now that is has actually hit me yet. That I have graduated and I am going to school in the fall. A few things have dawned to me though. Firstly, once I leave and go up to college my life will never be the same. I will always have home, but then there will also be the other place where I live (I don't think I could ever call someplace else home...) Sure I'll have holidays and summer, but I don't think that it'll be the same. I'm going to miss my dad's cooking and mom's constant slaving over my lazy bum. I can't even believe all that they do for me. I am up for one nasty suprise I am sure when I have to do everything on my own. Luckily I'll still have Steph and Jeff! I can't wait to be able to spend more time with them!  Nextly, school life. I feel like I have already drained myself on all things educational... Haha! I like learning, but I hate deadlines. It feels like you can never get a break from them. I think that I am a little more prepared for this next step in my life thought, at least more than moving out. 
Yesterday my dad lectured me on how he doesn't think that I'll be able to wake myself up every morning to get to class on time. He thinks that I am going to sleep through all of my classing and flunk out of college... (Knock on wood!) So yesterday my dad made a bet with me that he didn't think that I would be able to get up this morning and meet him at the kitchen table at 6. (Easy!) He said that if I couldn't do it he would come up with some consequence. He never did decide what that was though. Anyways, this morning I wake up at 10 till and I brush my teeth then come down stairs and guess what?! ... He was still asleep. Snoring away a storm! Yeah, so I won! :)
Over the past couple of years I've gotten into a rhythm of life, I think I'd almost call it a rut. My whole life revolved around school. Pretty sad that high school can do that to you.  I definitely missed out on some awesome opportunities because I put more focus on school. I think the main thing was seminary. I tried to blame it on the fact that it was so early in the morning, but it still should have been worth it. If I could go back and do high school over again, I would dedicate much more time to seminary. I think I would have liked to be in more clubs too. Try new things, meet new people and all that good stuff. I hope to learn from my mistakes and open up more in college. 


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe, you are so cool. You are so amazing, and I am so glad that you are coming up here where you can be with us!! (Then you are moving back down to LV to go to UNLV).

Oh, and I am serious about that whole studying design thing! You are so talented!

Todd said...

Congrats again! And yes its a completely new life at college :) youll do good though!

Jeff said...

Wow, not good enough to be included in your picture, huh? Whatever....