Saturday, October 23

92. Getting Ready for Halloween

The best time of any holiday is the days leading up to it. Last night my roommates and I spent the night scavenging for our Halloween costumes. We drove all the way to the American Fork DI looking for overalls. They didn't have ANY that were not baby ones. We had already searched through the Provo DI and we had to resort to the child size overalls there too. I found a pair that I fit into, but we were still 3 pairs short. We decided to make one more stop on our quest to find overalls and went to the king of all thrift stores... SAVERS!! And they did not let us down! There had a plethora of overalls to choose from. One step closer to our transformation into these babies!Aren't they cute?! It is gonna be FANTASTIC! After our costume search we went to Fresh Market and picked out pumpkins and ice cream. We tried to find Hocus Pocus too because it has got to be one of the best Halloween movies ever, but Andi's brother had taken it home with him. Too bad... :( When we got home Reegan, Cassie, and I looked up some awesome designs for carving our pumpkins. It took quite a while to convince people what mine was, but it was before I free-handed some extra details into the design. This is what resulted... (I don't have a picture of Cassie's Cookie Monster because it wasn't lit up, but it turned out pretty dang fantastic too!)

Reegan's Snow White


My Evil Witch,
also known as Queen Grimhilde


The night did not end there though! Oooh no! For some reason we thought it was a brilliant idea at 1:30 in the morning to overload on ice cream. After about a ton of ice cream, endless laughing, several close encounters with moistening our trousers, the addition of awesome quotes to our quote wall, and an epic marker fight, this is what we ended up looking like... BEAUTIFUL!


It was a FANTASTIC night, leading up to a FANTASTIC holiday!

No comments: