Something that you crave a lot
I skipped post 22, at least for now because I thought that this was more fitting for something that I crave a lot. My roommates can attest to the fact that I constantly crave Indian food. Delicious! Seriously, I could eat it all day, all night, every night!
Ohhhh man... I am drooling all over the keyboard. Seriously though...
Well this last weekend was a celebration! It was Holi Festival! My roommates and I decided to make an Indian Day out of it. We went and had lunch at the best Indian restaurant in Provo, India Palace! We shared Chicken Tikki Masala, Chicken Korma, and Chicken Makhani along with some Tandoori Naan. So delicious!
This was pre-festival, in case you cannot tell. Jared was here too, but the picture with him is way blurry so he will make an appearance later on. It was his first experience out to India Palace. I have never seen it so crowded in my whole life. There were a lot of people there, most of them covered in multicolored chalk. They had the same idea as us!
Well off we headed to Krishna's Lotus Temple in Spanish Fork.
It did not look like this last Saturday though... Just imagine it being kinda filthy, okay, incredibly filthy, and then add about a million people to the picture, plus a lot of different colors and I think it would be more accurate.
We didn't even make it to the temple without getting splattered with chalk. One guy had a handful and as he was walking past me, he just smacked me in the face.
It was just a day of smacking strangers. Another guy later on smacked my butt and ran away laughing, wacko... Shelby and Josh joined up with us for a while, but then we lost them along with Brittany amidst the crowd of people. This was the first time that I was able to actually be there during a throwing. It was intense! (Like a circus fire!) I tried to take a breath beforehand so I wouldn't have to breathe in the chalk, but It hung around in the air for a long time. You could barely see anything around you. I did notice that Andi wasn't standing next to me anymore as saw her being pushed down the hill, so I reached out and pulled her back up. It was insane!
Remember those nice clean pictures of us at the restaurant?
Now that is better! Yeah, all of our shirts were white to begin with... Awesome! That is Jared by the way. And my roommates, but they have been on here before... :) They are the best!
Anyway, we came home and tried to get the majority of the chalk off our selves and our clothing. Turns out someone left some chalk in their pocket so all of our clothes are pink. Yes, even my jeans have a nice pink tint to them! My hair also has pink in it still, though not quite as bad as Audrey's. Her hair looks like she intensionally put pink and purple highlights in it.
Well that was the end to the awesome Indian Festivities. Now I just really want more chicken tikki masala...







1 comment:
CHICKEN TIKI MASALA!!!!! Yum :)
PS, thanks for saving me in the dust cloud/mosh pit.
Post a Comment