I would make some sort of excuse for my long respite, but I don't really have one. Plus everyone takes a break once in a while, or in my case writes every once in a while... I also don't have a camera at the current moment so I am more hesitant to wrote posts because my favorite posts to read are the ones with pictures. Anyway, I decided that I would start up again and see how long I can keep up writing this time around.
So this weekend has been pretty grand. Started off Friday by going to the BYU vs Utah State football game. Way fun game, especially at the end, seriously 96 yards in 2 mins and 36 seconds! (Jeff and Steph please don't hate me...) Thank you Dallin Busby for letting me steal your ticket.
Saturday we watched an awesome two sessions of conference. We hit up the Farmer's Market on Center Street between sessions and got some flavored honey sticks. During the second session, we ate pudding and toast. We thought it would be a good idea to carry on our tradition of fantastic spills. What, you ask started this tradition? Well... Once upon a time, last April, we made breakfast during conference and I spilt blueberry compote all over the kitchen. It was a huge mess, across the floor, under the fridge, all over my tights, even between the glass in the oven door. It was nasty. Well this time around Brittany carried on the tradition by spilling partially heated up chocolate pudding! Luckily we have an old school oven now and so it couldn't get stuck in the glass. It was fun nonetheless.
After conference we went and got the legendary Blue Bell ice cream. I guess it is really big in Texas or something, I had never heard of it before. But it was tasty and they were selling it half off because of conference. Peaches in Vanilla ice cream + discounts = I am in!
Chelsea Steed came and stayed with us this weekend just because she wanted to hang out with us, definitely not because she was visiting her fiancee or anything like that... Yeah, she is pretty much the coolest. Brittany and I went home after this and after figuring out that we didn't have any friends to hang out with, we decided to just watch a movie and chill at home. We rented Something Borrowed from Redbox and made popcorn and cinnamon tea. The movie was frustrating, but the tea was bomb.
Yum, I am actually drinking a cup right now.
This morning I got to go to the morning session of conference with my friend Jared. We had to leave Provo around 7:30 to get there since it started early for Music and the Spoken Word. Not only did I set my alarm this morning, but I set two of them so that I would get up before 7 o'clock this morning. What time did I wake up?... 7:25. Yeah, I am a winner. No worries though, we still got there with time to spare. Yeah, I got mad getting ready fast skills.
The session was amazing by the way. All the talks were so good. Sister Dalton's talk made me tear up and think about how much I loved my dad, and can we just talk about President Monson and his hilarious facial expressions. Man, he was cracking me up!
We made it back down to Provo in time to clean up the kitchen and make Navajo Tacos for the second session of conference. Can I just say that was so tired. Holy whack! But I didn't fall asleep... Although shutting my eyes for the closing prayer was a close call, I think I nodded off for like a second, I did one of those major head jerks.
All in all, Conference = Major success, as usual.
Afterwards I watched A Little Princess. I don't know why, maybe because I just felt like crying my eyes out. Don't judge me but I cannot watch it without crying at least three times throughout the movie.
Well, that's my weekend!
P.S. Steph, did I ever tell you about the little doggie that I "rescued" a couple of weeks ago? We saw it running down the street in Salt Lake and so we pulled over and I went and picked her up. Turns out she lived in a house just a couple houses down. Her owners seemed way spacey... anyway, here is a picture of her. She is just a little scruffy looking.

4 comments:
Oh my word, I'm so glad you mentioned the blueberry stuff getting inbetween the glass on the oven. So many memories. Miss you, Katie!! :)
Good job posting, finally! And your weekend sounds really fun. And I'm so proud that you rescued a dog. Good for you!
I miss tea! We used to drink it all the time on my mission They had some good stuff! (fruit tea of course)
I feel happy knowing I'm not the only one who cries watching A Little Princess. And knowing I'm not the only one who still watches that movie. It was lovely seeing you this weekend! Thanks for letting me crash with you guys! PS- that picture of us got STOLEN (I saved it on my compy :) yay!)
Post a Comment